The publishers for my travel guide have been at it for a while, so they know how to promote a book. For example, my point of contact got an article in the Huffington Post about “Under The Radar Tourist Towns” featuring my location — Astoria — and other titles in their stable.
Several points make this a genius move:
- HuffPost is a major news website, meaning he got the word out to a passel of potential purchasers.
- The format made it so easy to write, he probably banged it out in half an hour.
- Because it’s a news source, it lends the message authority.
- Appearing in a news website positions the publisher as a travel expert.
- He might have gotten paid. Unlikely with the HuffPost, but the theory is sound.